Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Preemptive Strike

So I often feel like I am rather lax when it comes to keeping up my blog and faithfully updating - at least in comparison to my peers. So I thought that since I am fully aware that I am going away for the weekend and probably won't post until Sunday or Monday at the earliest due to the fact that I have FINALLY learned that I won't die if I leave my computer behind when I travel (this is a big step for me), it might be a good idea to post before leaving.  To that effect, I was just going to put up a few random pictures that I've taken over the past month, in celebration of my time here and the fact that my first class ended this morning (HURRAAAAAAY).
But then, I got the best mail ever.
A few months ago I sent a letter to my Grandma in NY with a story and mini illustration of a funny event that happened in my life.  Long story short, I ripped my pants trying to climb in to Jase's truck.  Lovely I know.  So today, when I got a lovely fat envelope from everyone in the Tumbelston Family (EXCEPT MY PARENTS), I opened it to find these Little Lady Masterpieces.

Thats right.  2 pictures of me ripping my pants. If you look closely, you can see that the one in purple has Jase looking around the truck and laughing at me. 
Thanks guys.
Anyway, this was the most splendidly wonderful way to start and already fantastic weekend; my term paper is done, my final went well, I'm off to Venice, and I got lovely lovely letters from my family!! Thank you all :)

Anyway, as per the original plan, here are a few other snapshots of my trip so far: 

 There are Daffodils everywhere- these were in a cloister in Assisi

An awesome doorway in Siena.  Did you know the color was actually named after the hue of the buildings in the town?

4 comments:

  1. Greta, you are a wonderful writer, and so considerate of us at home who wait eagerly for each post! I'm proud of you for venturing out without the distraction of your computer for the weekend; you will see that life does go on, richly. Draw, draw, draw, and post your drawings for us to enjoy....I have a feeling your two little cousins may be following in your artistic footsteps. Ruth & Greg better start saving now for Grace & Emma's Incredible Adventures Abroad, circa 2025.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, I agree with your mom. It's so nice to feel like I'm on an adventure with you, as you convey a sense of place so well. Your photos are great, and I'd love to see some drawings if you can scan them. We are just getting the first blooms of spring here (crocus) in the Boston area, and the daffodils won't be far behind, despite the fact that it's gently snowing right now. Grandma just arrived here from Florida and had a wonderful time in the sunshine state.
    Hope you have a great weekend, and can't wait to read about it. Verona was one of my favorite towns in Italy, and I wonder if it has held its charm in the 20 years since I was there!
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah keep uploading more pictures so we can all see the things you get to!!! Sorry my truck sits up so high...my bad ;)

    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey greta - cool idea going thru my ivy-league brain here.....how about a series of pics from italy - "great & italian doors or doorways" or "greta & italian gates"....then do a collage then entitle it "doors in italy"...market it...pay for college (my idea soi'll take the 10% commission!)
    hey love ya ---
    have fun on your computerless journey! (be really wild and no watch or cell or...welll now i'm getting carried away!!!!)
    love abundant, aunt nancy

    ReplyDelete