Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Few Introductory Photos

Here's Carly and my room, pre moving in.  I'm on the left- by the heater :)

This is the view of the Duomo from the top of the clock tower - you can't really tell but the sides are striped black and white stones while the front has gold all over

Here's my (in my opinion quite accurate) sketch of prof. Skillen

The whole town of Orvieto is on top of the hill/cliffs - this veiw was taken from a convent on the opposing hill

Finally, this is the cathedral in assisi - every square inch inside is covered in beautiful frescos and the ceiling is a brilliant blue.
I can finally upload pictures! I'm sitting in the cafe del corso, eating pizza, reveling in the free wifi, and watching the cher and spice girls music videos playing on the tv(I'm not kidding - i just had a jam session to "wannabe") so here you go!

7 comments:

  1. I think Rick Steves has reason to fear. It could be that his successor has emerged. Bravo!
    P.S. Prof Skillen looks remarkably like your middle school nemesis and high school friend, Joe B.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. your room reminds me of VanGogh's painting of a bedroom. i like it. your views are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Nice pix. Although, I thought you were supposed to be locked up in a dungeon repeating Gregorian chants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! and nice sketch btw :D how are those cubbies workin out for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corri has a point -- where are the walk-in closets?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha you would be by the heater!!!

    ReplyDelete