Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scheduling Success

I am so happy I could jump up and down - in fact, I did in the public library.  For the first time ever, I had no difficulty in registering for classes. Next semester is looking to be a highly gratifying montage of Anatomy for the Artist, Clay Sculpture, Art and Vocation (with Z- Im so excited) and Scientific Enterprise (which was added under severe duress. I took Earth Science in 8th Grade, I don't need it in College). Oh, and the best part? NO classes on Fridays!! I'm absolutely giddy.
Thus, we have the beginning to what is shaping up to be a lovely weekend.  Tomorrow morning, at a nearly ungodly hour, the whole drawing class is picking up and going to Rome for the weekend.  We have 4 apartments in the heart of the city where we are staying in groups, accompanied by a full schedule of sightseeing, architecture, infamously famous paintings and delicious food.  I am incredibly excited.  Yet, I worry that our days will be overbooked and exhausting.  The exhausting part wouldn't be too ba, but I like my free time.  The part I'm looking forward to the most is Saturday morning, where Prof. Doll gets distracted by the Dante class coming out for a tour and leaves us on our own to roam the streets (roam - rome haha) in search of inspiring architecture, commanding colors, invigorating espresso and any other spark of insight or creativity (Thank you to Justina for finishing that sentence for me). All in all I am quite excited.
There will definitely be plenty of pictures and blogging to come, once I learn to process all the sights, smells, sounds, and thoughts that I am inviting to bombard my person.  So be on the look out! However, the internet at San Paolo is down and I'm tired  of visiting Cafes so it may take a while.
I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

5 comments:

  1. Anatomy for the Artist...so that's where the live models come in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your schedule worked out so well. That will make re-entry in Wenham so much better for you.

    Have fun in Rome, but please keep your sensors up. The civility and charm of many of the smaller cities you have visited may not be as common in Rome.

    Look forward to hearing more excellent adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ask josh about his nude models in art school - what stories.....have fun in rome my dear - jane's advice is right on-(speaking from experience in spain)...i wish i could be there with you -s ounds so fun...don;t you need a chaperone?!?!?!?!?!? post pics!
    love ya to pieces...yes even more than Italy's best chocolate gelato!
    God Bless ya'all..aunt nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope- nude models are for Figure Drawing, but there may be some here too. I'm back in Orvieto safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back safe, sound and hopefully unpinched!

    ReplyDelete